I would like to extend a warm welcome to Todmorden CE (A) J, I & N School, a Church school with a big heart and a welcoming community. Our school, in the centre of Todmorden, has been growing in success for over 170 years, since it first opened in 1844.
As a school we take great pride in educating children in a friendly, caring environment, through a curriculum which is challenging and exciting. The whole school community and all we do is underpinned by our Christian Values of love, honesty, trust and friendship. Our aim is that all our children leave Todmorden CE School confident, happy and with a lifelong love of learning.
Here are some snapshots of what makes Todmorden CE School different from other schools:
- We are warm and welcoming. We truly have an open door. Parents and families can come into school for 20 minutes every morning and work alongside their children within their class and can visit school at any time.
- We have the best school dinners! Staff, governors and visitors thoroughly enjoy them as well as the children. They are great value and serve the best jam roly poly ever!
- We have a great team of dedicated, experienced and hardworking staff. We come together for all sorts of events including, producing amazing Christmas shows.
- We use our creative talents to display wonderful work around school. Come and walk around our corridors and classrooms to see.
- We have enjoyable and challenging extra-curricular activities in music, sport, technology and art.
I am very proud to be the Headteacher at Todmorden CE School, a school in my own community and a school where I sent my own three children.
I hope that when you visit us, you will see for yourself what a special place it is. We are always happy to show visitors around our school.
Mrs Alice Leadbitter