COMMUNICATION & LANGUAGE
C&L: High quality, language rich texts form the basis of our curriculum. Our topics are planned through the use of stories, non-fiction and poetry which encourage the development of language, new vocabulary and conversation.
- Adults make time for conversations with children through circle times, story times and play.
- Adults model the use of rich language and encourage children to use new vocab. through conversation and careful questioning to challenge children.
- We promote language and vocabulary by having a ‘word of the week’ and text rich environments.
- We have an in house Speech and Language practitioner who can support children early with any needs they may have.
- We sing and engage in whole school events such as collective worship and church services.
- We follow Read Write Inc for early phonics and speech development.