PERSONAL, SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
PSED: We strive to enable children to be safe, happy, confident individuals. We encourage self-regulation as much as possible and introduce rules and boundaries through modelling good behavior and reflection time. Our school Christian values of hope, honesty, perseverance and love feed into all we do and we talk to the children often about them and encourage them to display these values through our celebration assemblies and classroom reflection areas. Throughout the Early Years Foundation Stage we:
- Work closely with parents to encourage learning, development and interaction at home through Google classroom and 50 things to do before you’re 5 scheme
- We have a key worker system to ensure strong, supportive and respectful relationships are built with each other and adults.
- We eat healthy snacks and have lessons and stories to promote healthy eating.
- We have twice weekly PE sessions with a PE coach
- We take part in a daily toothbrushing programme.
- We take children out and about, giving them real experiences of the community they live in.
- We support excellent transition through all stages of EYFS.