I would like to extend a warm welcome to Todmorden CE (A) J, I & N School, a Church school with a big heart and a welcoming community. Our school, in the centre of Todmorden, has been growing in success for over 175 years, since it first opened in 1845.
As a school we take great pride in educating children in a friendly, caring environment, through a curriculum which is challenging and exciting. The whole school community and all we do is underpinned by our Christian Values of love, honesty, hope and perseverance. Our aim is that all our children 'soar high' and leave Todmorden CE School confident, happy and with a lifelong love of learning.
Here are some snapshots of what makes Todmorden CE School different from other schools:
- We are warm and welcoming. We truly have an open door. Parents and families can come into school for 20 minutes every morning and work alongside their children within their class and can visit school at any time.
- We have a great team of dedicated, experienced, happy and hardworking staff, many who have been part of our family for many years.
- The leaders and governors of the school are a visible presence and like to visit every classroom most days.
- We use our creative talents to display wonderful work around school. Come and walk around our corridors and classrooms to see.
- We have our own minibuses and we like to get out on trips, experiences and into the community often.
- We have enjoyable and challenging extra-curricular activities in music, sport, technology and art.
- We have the best school dinners! Staff, governors and visitors thoroughly enjoy them as well as the children.
I am very proud to be the Headteacher at Todmorden CE J, I & N School, a school in my own community. I hope that when you come to visit us, you will see for yourself what a special place it is. We are always happy to show visitors around our school.
Mrs Alice Leadbitter