At Todmorden CE School we believe that the learning of a foreign language provides a valuable educational, social and cultural experience for our pupils. It helps them to develop communication skills, including the key skills of speaking and listening, and extends their knowledge of how language works. Learning another language gives children a new perspective on the world, encouraging them to understand their own cultures and those of others.
The children will be given opportunities to:
- listen carefully and recognise sounds and combinations of sounds which are similar to, or different from, those of English;
- understand and respond with increasing competence, accuracy and confidence in a range of situations;
- join in songs and rhymes which enable them to practise the sounds of the language in an enjoyable and non-threatening way;
- take part in conversations at an appropriate level, reacting to instructions and questions and expressing opinions and feelings;
- memorise and recite short texts.
Parent French Information Booklet
Please have a look below at our information booklet or pick one up at the end of the main corridor